Skip to content
2019 Growth in Faith and Mission
WE EMPOWER OUR YOUNG PEOPLE FOR THEIR MINISTRIES
- Our Kids Sunday School Class sent $137.73 to Church World Service to help child victims of the Hurricane Dorian.
- Our Kids also raised $490.52 in their bake sale for Camp Scholarships.
- We had 6 young people and 4 adults at the Winter Youth Retreats at Cane Ridge West.
- Central Christian Church sent 12 Campers and 8 Adult Staff to our summer camps at Cane Ridge West.
- Our camps gave $344.50 to Special Olympics Montana.
- Our Youth build Bat houses at Cane Ridge West.
- Our Kids gave 361 pounds of food for FISH in Advent.
- $483.39 Chicken Feed was raised for Camp Scholarships – Thanks, Chicken Lady!
OUR GROWTH IN MISSION
- We fight Hunger through disaster relief, refugee resettlement, and self-help projects in the $2,785.11 we sent to Week of Compassion.
- 16 FISH Volunteers from our church distributed 14,185 lbs. of food to 537 people and contributed $375.
- Gary and Louise Hill led our team of 11 walkers and 3 dogs in raising $2,435 in the CROP Walk with 25% going to Family Promise—we were the Number One Congregation for the Fifth Year in a row.
- 15 members of Central Christian attended iCamp (Inter-generational Camp) at Cane Ridge West where they collected $501 for NBA XPLOR.
- Our congregation supported the national church’s efforts by contributing $1,123.08 to the Easter Offering; $910 to the Pentecost Offering; $910 to the Pentecost Offering; $990.69 to the Reconciliation Offering; $1,106.11 to the Thanksgiving Offering; $2,170 to the Christmas Offering; and $11,803.19 to the Disciples Mission Fund.
- We also collected $591 on Christmas Eve for the Christ Child
WE REACH TO OUR COMMUNITY WITH CHRIST’S MINISTRIES
- 75 volunteers from Central Christian hosted 8 families in the rotation for Family Promise where we prevented 4 families from being evicted from their homes. We provided hotel stays for 12 families.